Claire is a warm, passionate Naturopath and Nutritionist and has been part of the Darling Health team for over 8 years. Her expertise in clinical practice lies within the areas of pregnancy and postpartum health, thyroid conditions, women’s wellbeing and children’s health. Her treatment approach is holistic, realistic and individualised, with an emphasis on nutrition and using ‘food as medicine’.
Claire strives to educate and empower her clients so they can achieve and sustain great health. She utilises functional testing where necessary and works alongside GP’s and specialists in order to provide thorough, collaborative care for her clients. As a mum of two she is a wealth of knowledge when it comes to children’s health and wellbeing. She provides achievable dietary guidance for parents and families. Claire is passionate about treating children with behavioural and developmental conditions including autism and ADHD. She is currently undergoing training to become a MINDD practitioner (mindd.org). Claire offers 30 minute Kid’s health consults – please enquire with reception to book.
Claire is also experienced in treating digestive conditions, mental health conditions including anxiety and depression, skin conditions including acne, psoriasis and eczema as well as adrenal health and stress support. Environmental toxins and the effects they can have on human health is another interest that Claire is passionate about, and she is a wealth of knowledge if you are looking to minimise your exposure to toxins that are sadly very prevalent in our modern environment.
Areas of practice Claire enjoys working in include:
- Hormonal conditions – including PCOS, Endometriosis, menopause, post-pill syndrome
- Pregnancy health – including optimising nutrition, gestational diabetes management, preeclampsia, postpartum and breastfeeding support.
- Thyroid conditions – hypo- and hyperthyroidism, autoimmune thyroid disease
- Children’s health – including eczema, allergies, gut complaints, food intolerances, immune support, mood and behavioural disorders
- Gut health – including SIBO, IBS, IBD, food intolerance, generalised bloating and discomfort
- Skin conditions – including acne, eczema and psoriasis
- Stress management – using herbal medicine, supportive nutrients and lifestyle management to focus on nervous system support and adrenal function
Claire holds a Bachelor of Health Science (Naturopathy) and is registered with the Naturopaths and Herbalists Association of Australia. She is currently available Monday’s, Tuesday’s and Saturday’s and offers face-to-face, phone, Zoom or Skype consults. For more information visit Claire’s website here.