We are very happy to announce that we have a new Massage Therapist who has joined our clinic team – introducing Rachel Hopkins!
Rachel is a qualified Remedial Massage Therapist who is passionate about holistic healthcare. Rachel specialises in Swedish (relaxation) massage, remedial and deep tissue techniques, trigger point therapy and Indian Head Massage. She was awarded “Excellence in Massage” by the Massage and Myotherapy Australia Association in 2013, and continues to broaden her skill set with various massage techniques from around the world. Rachel is also in her final year of completing a Bachelor of Health Science (Naturopathy) at the Australasian College of Natural Therapies (ACNT). She is available at the clinic on Saturday afternoons and offers 1 hour, 1.5 hour and 2 hour massages. The following are ‘Suggested Packages’ which are perfect for self-care, or for gifting a loved one:
Revive package – 1-hour massage including 45-minutes relaxation massage and 15-minute Indian Head Massage.
Rejuvenate package – 1 ½ hour massage including 1-hour relaxation massage and 30 minute Indian Head Massage.
Recover package – 2-hour massage including 1-hour relaxation massage, 30 minutes deep tissue massage and 30 minute Indian Head Massage.
All treatments are based on client preference and incorporated massage styles can be tailored to suit client needs.
Rachel explains why massage is an important part of your personal wellness program…
Many people would agree that a massage makes them feel good. However, most people don’t realise just how beneficial a regular massage is for their general health and well being. For instance, massage not only improves physical and mental performance but has numerous other benefits for:
- Muscle health and balance. Massage helps reduce muscle pain, stiffness and tension, and improve muscle tone, posture and flexibility. It can also relieve sinus congestion, eyestrain, headaches, migraines and jaw pain.
- Metabolism and digestion. Massage can increase the production of gastric juices and saliva, and stimulate nerve and blood supply to the internal organs.
- Circulation and detoxification. Massage increases the delivery of nutrients and oxygen to tissues, and improves the removal of wastes and toxins. This also helps strengthen your immune system, allowing your body to better fight off those nasty bugs.
- Healthy, clear and glowing skin. Massage enhances the function of the oil and sweat glands that lubricate, cool and clean the skin. A head massage also stimulates hair growth, promoting lustrous and healthy hair.
- Nervous system and hormone regulation. Massage balances the nervous system and the production of hormones. This in turn can positively affect your mood, concentration, sleep, energy levels and reproductive function.
To book your appointment with Rachel please get in touch with reception via our ‘Contact’ page. Health Insurance rebates are available with most providers.