What is a CDSA stool test?
The Complete Digestive Stool Analysis (CDSA) is a non-invasive test. It is used as a tool to assess the digestive system. This comprehensive test provides accurate information regarding several markers within your gastrointestinal system. This includes your digestive enzymes, acid verse alkaline levels of the gut, any positive detection of pathogenic organisms and beneficial bacteria. There are two kinds of methods used to analyse stool samples, cultured methods and DNA methods. Your Darling Health Naturopath will recommend which method is best for you. The result timeframe remains similar.
How is the test performed?
Any of our recommended stool tests are non-invasive and can be performed in the privacy of your home. Our Darling Health Naturopath’s would give you a test kit to take home after the consultation, or a test kit would be requested to be posted to you. The test kit includes all instructions and easy to use collection equipment to perform the sampling very efficiently.
There are different methods depending on which level of CDSA test you are required to test for. Once completed either a courier will collect the sample or you will need to post it in a provided satchel. Both methods will be delivered to the lab for analysis, it just depends on which lab your Naturopath wishes to use. Once the results have been reported your practitioner will explain the results in detail in a consultation and provide the treatment necessary to target the problem and restore gastrointestinal health.
What could the results include?
The test will measure various biochemical markers of digestion or mal-digestion. It can also measure metabolic markers of intestinal metabolism and identification of bacterial microflora. This can include pathogenic and imbalanced flora, or any abnormal gut mycology. For example fungal overgrowths such as Candida sp., detection of any parasites or pathogenic bacteria.
Why the test might be suitable for you?
A CDSA addresses the common signs of parasitic, yeast or bacterial infections. When it comes to symptom pictures of these infections it can vary quite dramatically, however, the main presenting symptoms include:
- Bloating, flatulence, indigestion, abdominal pain
- Distention, constipation, diarrhoea
- Fatigue, lethargy, difficulties concentrating, poor memory, recurrent headaches
- Skin disorders such as acne, eczema, psoriasis
- Low immune function or allergy flare ups
- Anxiety, mood swings, low mood due to impaired hormonal clearance
- Muscle aching or weakness
How can these conditions be resolved using the CDSA?
Depending on the results of the CDSA, our Naturopaths may wish to help guide you onto a gastrointestinal restoration treatment protocol. Each tailored to your health, no one size fits all. Firstly our Naturopath will have a thorough consultation and examination of all test results with you to establish what works best.
Examples of this could include:
- The process of removing unwanted pathogenic bacteria, yeast or parasites, followed by replacing the pathogenic bacteria with healthy ones
- Correctly the clearance of toxins
- Improving digestion function – this can include organs kidneys, liver, gallbladder as well as the stomach
- Renewing and repairing the digestive tract lining of the intestine
Book in to Darling Health today and let our Naturopaths restore balance within your gastrointestinal tract.